Many people find it difficult to find the best kayak for dogs because they do not know what factors are needed to be considered for this purpose. Let us tell you the most important thing that matters is the material that is used for the manufacturing of the kayak because it must be able to get protected itself from the scratches of the dogs.
In this guide, we have enlisted some of the best kayaks for dogs that are readily available to you. The cost of each kayak is different depending upon its features and specifications. You will also come to know how to keep your dog entertained in the kayak and what factors should be considered when buying this product.
Let’s begin our journey!
|Intex Challenger Kayak Inflatable Set||Intex||Grey/Blue||35 pounds||Plastic||View Latest Price|
|Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem Kayak||Ocean Kayak||Sunrise||57 pounds||Single Layer Polyethylene||View Latest Price|
|ADVANCED ELEMENTS convertible||ADVANCED ELEMENTS||Red||52 pounds||Nylon, Plastic||View Latest Price|
|Intex Excursion Pro Kayak Series||Intex||Red||43.64 pounds||Plastic||View Latest Price|
|Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak||Lifetime||Olive||52 pounds||Nylon, Plastic||View Latest Price|
|Aquaglide Deschutes Inflatable Kayak||AQUAGLIDE||Deschutes 130||22 pounds||Plastic||View Latest Price|
|Solstice Inflatable Kayak||Solstice||Multicolor||38 pounds||Nylon||View Latest Price|
|Lifetime Tioga Sit-On-Top Kayak||Lifetime||Lime||56.5 pounds||Polyethylene||View Latest Price|
|Sevylor Quikpak K1 Kayak||Sevylor||Blue||20.28 pounds||Polyester||View Latest Price|
|Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak||Sevylor||Blue||44.31 pounds||Polyvinyl Chloride||View Latest Price|
|Airhead Montana Inflatable Kayak||AIRHEAD||Orange||36.3 pounds||Inflatable||View Latest Price|
|Sevylor Fiji 2-Person Kayak||Sevylor||Blue||1 pound||PVC||View Latest Price|
12 Best Kayaks for Dogs in 2022
1. Intex Challenger Kayak Inflatable Set
- It comes with two seats that make it comfortable for you and your dog to enjoy your ride on the water.
- It is available in blue and grey colors which makes it more attractive and eye-catchy.
- It has been made up of high-quality material that protects it from high radiations of sunlight.
- You can enjoy long-term durability as this kayak is water-resistant and is super tough.
Intex is one of the best manufacturing companies that offer you high-quality products. We recommend you check out its products when you are searching for the best kayak for dogs. This kayak is one of the best collections of Intex brand as it comes with two seats that let you keep your dog comfortable in there.
This kayak has been designed for providing you easy paddling experience and has fun with your dog. The size of its paddles is 2.86 inches which makes it comfortable for you to ride yourself without anyone’s assistance. Its green and grey color makes it more attractive for your dog to let him stay there for a long time.
It comes with high output pump which offers easy inflation and deflation. You do not have to worry about its durability because it stays protective even if the harmful UV is directed towards it. Moreover, it can bear a weight up to 400 pounds so try not to put more weight on it because it will affect its stability.
2. Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem Kayak
- It lets you enjoy a ride with your friend and explore the water bodies with him no matter if he is a human being or a pet.
- It comes with four-way adjustable seats that let you adjust the seats according to your needs and will.
- It also comes with footrests and center-seated paddlers that provide a high level of comfort to your feet.
- The weight of this kayak is about 57 pounds which means it is heavy in weight
Looking for the best kayak for dogs? Do not forget to check this kayak out. It has been manufactured by the Ocean Kayak brand and is made up of single-layer polyethylene which makes it durable and heavy in weight. It comes with enough storage inside that lets you keep your personal things in there too.
Moreover, you can also keep extra equipment in too for your dog to play with like a ball, toy, etc. You can also keep a treat for him so he can enjoy himself and stay in the kayak with you for a long time. For your information, this kayak is 12 ft long and 34 inches wide.
Ocean Kayak Malibu Recreational Kayak comes in sunrise color which makes it easily visible in water so you can get help in no time in case of an emergency. It comes with the capacity of two sets so you and your dog can enjoy the ride comfortably. Its sit-on-top and open hull makes it easy for you to get on it.
Read about: What is a Tandem Kayak?
3. ADVANCED ELEMENTS Convertible Elite Kayak
- It comes with a durable and double-coated Rip-stop fabric that lets it last for a long time; usually more than a year.
- You can get this kayak in red color which makes it eye-catching
- The weight of this kayak is about 52 pounds which makes it easy to handle the weight of two people easily.
- Its seats are foldable so you can easily carry it in a duffle bag.
ADVANCED ELEMENTS is a manufacturing company that has always focused on using high-quality material for the production of its durable and quality products. We can say that it has never compromised on the quality of its products no matter what the price of the products is.
It is why we recommend you to have a look at this kayak manufactured by ADVANCED ELEMENTS brand when searching for the best kayak for dogs. No doubt, this kayak will meet your needs. When you travel with your dog or any other pet, it becomes difficult to carry other things. So, this kayak is foldable so you can carry it in a duffle bag.
It just takes 5 to 10 minutes to set this kayak up and when you are done, put a treat in there for your dog, something he likes. It will be helpful for you to get him into the kayak and place him in the front seat. You should sit in the backseat to have a look at your dog and keep an eye on it.
4. Intex Excursion Pro Kayak Series
- It comes with two adjustable bucket seats and two floor-mounted footrests to provide you with a comfortable ride experience on the lakes or rivers.
- It comes with a lot of extra storage space where you can keep extra and additional equipment like a fish finder or food.
- This kayak can bear the weight of up to 400 pounds but not more.
- It is made up of high molecular PVC material which is not affected by salt water, oil, and gasoline at all.
When you review the kayaks of different brands for the sake of getting the most suitable and the best kayak for dogs, you must also have a look at this kayak that has been specially designed for you to enjoy a ride on the water with your pet. It is because it is made up of a durable material and does not get damaged due to the paws of your dog.
It is a very lightweight kayak that’s why it is not good when the pressure of the wind is very high and you are riding in a wind crossing area. It might be dangerous and difficult for you to handle the kayak with your kayak in such conditions. Moreover, this kayak also offers a high level of stability and comes with extra rigidity.
We are all looking for a kayak offers us easy inflation and fast deflation, so it is the one! Moreover, it comes with two removable skegs which make it the best for shallow and deep water. So, we can say that it is the best for larger and smaller water bodies including seas, oceans, rivers, and lakes.
5. Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak
- It comes with a warranty of five years so it can be returned if gets damaged before five years.
- It offers a higher weight capacity than other kayaks so you can keep your pet and other stuff with you easily.
- This kayak allows you to adjust your seats easily as these are adjustable seats.
- It comes with a padded seat pad and seats back for providing you a comfortable ride.
Looking for a kayak that comes with high weight capacity? Are you in search of a kayak that is best in rough weather and is not affected by wind pressure? Do you want to enjoy a trip on the water with your dog? You have visited the right place. Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak is the best kayak for dogs that fulfills all your needs.
The weight of this kayak is about 52 pounds and it can bear the weight up to 275 pounds. Isn’t it amazing? Isn’t the best kayak for fishing? Isn’t it the best for transferring things from one corner of the river to another? Isn’t it the one that you are looking for? Let’s review it more!
This kayak is made up of polyethylene material which makes it water-resistant and protective from UV rays which adds more value to it as well as more life to this product. It also comes with 2 extra storage compartments of 6 inches so you can keep your belongings in there. Moreover, it also comes with 5-year warranty. What else do you want?
6. Aquaglide Deschutes Inflatable Kayak
- It comes with one seat but enough storage space where your dog can easily adjust with you in the kayak.
- It is available in orange color which makes it look attractive and easily visible.
- It is a lightweight kayak so you must be careful when riding it on the water, never forget to consider the weather condition.
- It can bear the weight of up to 400 lbs so be careful when putting your stuff in there.
AQUAGLIDE Deschutes Inflatable Kayak is the best kayak for dogs when we talk about lightweight kayaks. But this kayak may be a little bit expensive because you can get it for under 750 dollars. But do not worry about the quality of this kayak as it has been made up of high-quality plastic which makes it long-lasting and durable.
It is an inflatable kayak that can be easily folded and packed in the backpack system so you can carry it from one place to another easily. It offers better tracking, effortless paddling, and more glide to you. It is also the best for your dog and put in front of you in the same seat to take great care of it.
The key features of this kayak include quick-release seats, which means you can adjust them according to your will. Moreover, its footrests allow you to take some rest and adjust them according to your needs. Some other features include cockpit drain, valve adapter, quick release fin, and paddle keepers.
Read about: 10 Best Kayak Paddles Reviews
7. Solstice Inflatable Kayak
- The use of nylon makes this kayak able to get protected against harmful ultraviolet radiation.
- The dimension of this kayak is 30 x 22 x 11.75 inches which makes it suitable to have a ride with your dog.
- It can carry the weight up to 440 pounds so you can keep extra dog equipment with you too in it.
- The weight of this kayak is 44 lbs so make sure you know how to handle it.
This kayak has been manufactured by the Solstice brand which is suitable for all skill levels. It comes with two seats so you can keep your pet with you such as a dog or a cat because it does not get damaged due to the paws or claws of the animals. You can enjoy its recreation and performance as it comes with adjustable padded seats.
We recommend you to have a look at this kayak because it is one of the best kayaks that offer you remarkable performance. But you should only consider it buying when you are not low on a budget because it is expensive as its average price is about 882 dollars. You can also buy it when it is available at discount.
For your information, the weight of this is 38 pounds which means it is not lightweight or a heavy-weight product that’s why it can be easily handled by any skill level person whether it is a beginner or an expert. This kayak is available in multicolor so select your favorite color and buy it when needed.
You are offered a high level of safety and stability when having an amazing trip on the water. Moreover, it comes in a versatile design as you can see there are two grab handles, front and rear spray skirts, screw-style drain valves, and many more. It also comes with a high-pressure pump, 2 adjustable bucket seats, and a repair kit.
8. Lifetime Tioga Sit-On-Top Kayak
- The weight of this kayak is about 56.5 pounds which might be difficult to handle for the beginners
- It has been constructed using UV-protected high-density polyethylene material.
- Its 6 inches rear storage compartment lets you keep your stuff in there that you need to carry while riding the kayak
- It is very easy to carry when packed in the backpack.
If you are looking for an affordable kayak that could meet your needs, this kayak is the one. For your information, the kayaks that come with two seats are more expensive than the ones that are available with only one seat. So, if you are low on budget, we recommend you buy a kayak with one seat but with enough storage space where your dog can easily adjust.
If you are very conscious about your dog and he is not well trained on how to adjust himself on the kayak, it would be best if you keep your dog on the same seat where you are sitting instead of putting him in a separate seat because there are chances he may fall in the water.
Let us tell you more about this kayak manufactured by Lifetime brand which has been made up of polyethylene material and is available in lime color. No matter how harmful the UV rays are, this kayak will not get damaged at any cost so you do not need to worry about it, just protect yourself from the harmful rays of the sunlight.
9. Sevylor Quikpak K1 Kayak
- It only takes five minutes to set this kayak for riding in the water and enjoy with your pet.
- You can easily carry it in your backpack as it is a foldable kayak.
- Riding this kayak does not require advanced level skills as it can easily be handled by a beginner.
- Multiple air chambers make it strong enough to bear the claws and paws of the dogs and other pets.
This kayak comes with one seat that lets you stay comfortably in the kayak. You can ride it for a long time as it depends upon you when you get tired, get back to the dry area. You can keep dog food also with you as it comes with enough storage inside. It also comes with a backrest that lets you rest your back on it while riding.
There is no extra space in this kayak that allows you to keep an extra seat in it for your dog. You have to adjust your dog in only one available seat. You are also offered durable protection from punctures because it is made up of high-quality material that does not damage easily.
It only takes you five minutes to set this kayak up for riding in the water with your pet. Let us tell you that you should get this kayak if you want to enjoy a ride on the water with your pet instead of friends because it cannot bear the weight of two human beings who are adults.
10. Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak
- This kayak comes with three seats so you can enjoy it with your pet as well as your partner at the same time.
- You are offered easy inflation and faster deflation due to Boston Valve
- The maximum weight capacity of this kayak is about 490 lbs
- It is made up of a durable material that makes it UV resistant.
We can say it is one of the best choices for most people who like kayaking. Most customers who have tried this kayak are satisfied with its rigidity and stability. It also comes with enough storage for keeping extra items with you such as food, toys for pets, a bucket for keeping other stuff
Whenever we invest money in something, we want it to last for a long time. If it is not durable, it is not worth buying. We can say it is a waste of buying a kayak which is not long lasting. But there is nothing like that in case of this kayak. You can enjoy its benefits for a long time and use it often.
We all want a kayak that is made up of a strong material that could protect the kayak from external damage especially when we want to ride it with our dog. It is because a low-quality material can easily get damaged or punctured due by the dog’s claws and paws. Moreover, this kayak comes with adjustable seats and also allows you to remove one of the seats. So, you can remove the seat if you want more storage.
11. Airhead Montana Inflatable Kayak
- It comes with a seating capacity of two; one for you and the other for your dog.
- Its bright orange color makes it easily visible in water so you can easily get help in case of an emergency.
- Its stability makes it perfect for exploring remote areas with your pet.
- This kayak has been specially designed for lake use but not for larger water bodies.
Are you in search of a kayak that is not only easy to ride but also to handle? If yes, you must have a look at this kayak. It is one of the best kayaks that are specially designed for vacationing and camping. You can consider buying ut for exploring remote areas and cruising yachts.
This kayak has been designed for moderate white water and lakes and also comes with two seats. It depends upon you whether you only want to take your dog with you or take a friend too because this kayak comes with enough space so your dog can easily fit even if you do not put it on the seat.
If your dog is not well-trained, we recommend you place your dog on the other seat which is in front of you to keep an eye on it. You can get this kayak in a bright orange color which makes it attractive and visible to others in water. Moreover, the use of nylon material has also made it water resistant as well as UV resistant.
12. Sevylor Fiji 2-Person Kayak
- The weight of this kayak is one pounds which means it is very light in weight.
- It is portable as you can pack it in a carrying bag and take it from one place to another.
- It comes with the seating capacity of two so you can easily fit in there with your dog without getting disturbed
- It comes with multiple air chambers that provide you easy inflation and deflation.
This kayak is one of the best kayaks that you can buy for riding with your dog. It is available in attractive blue color that no one can resist looking at it. It is made up of PVC material which makes it very light in weight. Even if you do not fold it, you can easily carry it from one place to another .
It has been especially designed for lakes but make sure you do not ride it when the weather is too rough or the pressure of air is very high. You might be thinking it is a lightweight kayak so it might get damaged easily but let us tell you there is nothing to worry about the durability of this kayak. Its PVC construction has added life to this kayak.
Read about: Best 2 Person Inflatable Kayak
How to Choose the Best Kayaks for Dogs?
Let’s discuss what are the important things to consider when buying the best kayak for dogs:
Stability of the kayak matters a lot when you want to ride it with your dog. It is because the dogs do not stay ideal and it might become difficult for you to handle the kayak if it is not stable.
Make sure you distribute the weight effectivity for maintaining a high level of stability. Thus, the stability of the kayak depends upon the width, length, and hull shape. So, never compromise on this factor when buying a kayak for dogs.
The weight capacity must be more than 400 lbs so the kayak can easily bear and manage the weight of two organisms on it i.e. you and your dog. You can also measure the weight of your dog, yourself and the belongings you want to take with you when riding the kayak. Buy the kayak accordingly.
There must be enough deck space on the kayak so you can put your dog comfortably there. It will also allow your dog to take some rest and lay down there. So, consider the comfort of your dog too due to which you have to buy a kayak that comes with enough storage space.
Necessary Things Needed for a Dog for Kayaking
Following are some of the necessary things that you might need for your dog when kayaking with it:
You need a life vest for your dog to keep it protected because if the dog is not well trained how to stay on a kayak, it may fall into the water. So, a life jacket will be helpful to take it out of the water.
Keep dog food with you in the kayak to keep the dog busy instead of tieing it down.
Do not forget to keep water with you when kayaking which is not only necessary for you but also for the dog. Even if you are surrounded by water, it is not suitable for your and your dog’s health.
You can keep a floor mat with you that can be placed in the kayak to provide a comfortable place for your dog to rest for a while and you can enjoy your ride on the water.
It would be best if you keep medical supplies with you because your dog can get sunburned due to harmful radiation from the sunlight. So, sunscreen is necessary in this condition. Also, keep bandages with you because small injuries can occur due to walking on a rocky river bottom because the dogs have sensitive feet.
Tips to Ride on Kayak with your Dog
- Make sure everything is packed well and stays fresh
- You should be a strong paddler when kayaking with your dog
- Learn how to handle tripping over
- Learn how to let your dog stay ideal in the kayak
- Train your dog a little to let it stay in the kayak without disturbing
- Never compromise on the stability of the kayak which is necessary when riding with a dog.
- Always keep safety equipment with you to keep your dog safe while enjoying your ride to a lake or river.
- Make sure the kayak is made up of high-quality material otherwise it will get punctured easily due to dog scratches.
- Do not put too much weight on the kayak. For example, if its weight capacity is 500 lbs, do not put more than 400 lbs weight on it.
What Kind of Kayak is the Best for Dogs?
It would be best if you buy a kayak with two seats if you want to ride it with your dog in it.
Which is the Best Place for a Dog to sit in a Kayak?
It would be best if your dog sit in the front of the kayak because there is a nice flat space and your dog will be under your vision.
How can I get my Dog into the Kayak?
You have to put a treat for your dog in the kayak to let him go and stay in the kayak.
Will the Kayak get damaged due to the Scratches of a Dog?
No, the kayaks are designed really tough that’s why they can easily handle the claws and paws of the dogs.
Is it easy to take a Dog with you for Paddling?
You need to make your dog ready for paddling but it will require some prep work. No doubt, it will be worth it to have fun with your dog when paddling on the kayak.
To sum up, we have mentioned some of the best kayaks for dogs in this guide so you could have some indication about these kayaks and you can decide which one is the best for you. Never forget to consider the buying guide.
You can also pay attention to the things that you can keep with yourself when riding the kayak with your dog to keep him entertained so he could also have fun and not disturb you. So, what are you waiting for? Go get the most suitable one for yourself!
Leave a Reply